Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Street Wars

A friend of mine has invited me to join a secret crazy shooting street game called StreetWars. It's a 3 week long, 24/7, watergun assassination game that has already started rounds in New York City, Vancouver, Vienna, San Francisco, Los Angeles, London, and begins in Paris this September 2007.

When I sign up, I have to submit my photo, my home & work addresses, my name and my contact info. In return, I am given a target... the same information of someone else. I have three weeks to find my target, surprise and shoot him/her... with a water weapon (water gun, water balloon, etc.). While at the same time, someone is trying to do the same to me.

After I "kill" somone, they give me their target. If I can eliminate everyone without being shot myself, I win CASH (not sure how much, they'll tell me once I've been accepted into the game).

FREAKY!

Even though I know it won't hurt, it's still a spooky, thrilling rush to walk the streets knowing someone is looking for me, maybe waiting for you me around the next corner. It's like a real-life video game!

I signed up tonight. The rules on the site are:


At the start of the game you will receive a manila envelope containing the following:
  • A picture of your intended target(s)
  • The home address of your intended target(s)
  • The work address of your intended target(s)
  • The name of your intended target(s)
  • Contact information of your intended target(s)

Upon receipt of these items, your (or your team's) mission is to find and kill (by way of water gun, water balloon or super soaker) your target(s).

You can hunt your target down any way you see fit; you can pose as a delivery person and jack them when they open the door, disguise yourself and take them out on the street, etc.

If you are successful in your assassination attempt, the person you killed will give you their envelope and the person they were supposed to kill becomes your new target. This continues until you work yourself through all the players and retrieve the envelope with your (or your team's) picture(s) and name(s). Then you win. Cash…but first live in fear.

There are games also running in Toronto, Paris & Chicago this Summer. Marc & Stephane...watch your backs!!!

Here are some videos explaining the phenomenon:

San Fransisco



Vienna



Warsaw

No comments: